As we have previously said, Ramiro’s Wine Cellar emerged from a pleasant and fruitful dinner (quite far from the lands of Ribera del Duero and Toro, on the west coast of the United States) between a chef and a winemaker. Introducing the characters of that dinner are:
A cook with long history, trayectory and extensive service and gran aficionado of wines. Perhaps this is why he has always been clear that the best dish needs a good wine served on the table to experience a fully enjoyable moment.
He had been the first chef in Spain to develop his own wine and a pioneer in internationalizing the Spanish cuisine by exporting and distributing his culinary know how throughout the world through his successful restaurants (especially in Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic and Miami) by hosting gastronomic events and through his advisories culinary recommendations throughout half the world. He has received numerous awards that we outstand:
- Golden Badge of Merit Professional Hotelier 1981
- Best of Award of Excellent Wine List New York "WINE SPECTATOR"
- The Best of Florida "Gault Millau" 1992
- Best of The Best Five Star Diamond Award - “SELECTED ONE OF AMÉRICA´S BEST CHEFS” 1993
- Honorary Winemaker "Wine Academy of Castile and Leon". 1996
- Thropy of Honour in Puerto Rico "Ambassador of the Ribera del Duero" 1998
- Cándido Foundation Award for Gastronomic Innovation and Tourism Promotion. 2007
- The Mayor of Wine. Awarded by the Wine Museum Peñafiel. (First cook to obtain this distinction). 2008
- National Award "Food of Spain" invested by the Inviroment and Rural Ministry for the Promotion and diffusion of Foods of Spain in the World., 2009
- National Award for "Entrepreneur of Restoration" Royal Spanish Academy of Gastronomy. 2010.
Currently a wine consultant for the project. Great friend of the present owner and founder of the winery, Jesus Ramiro. At 36 Eduardo Garcia, technical director for Mauro Bodegas and Vineyards Maurodos, is already a brilliant reference in the Spanish panorama of viticulture and enology.
His background includes degrees in the most prestigious schools of Bordeaux and Spain, along with internship work and work residency for cellars of Bordeaux, Burgundy and California. He is passionate about the various terrain of Castile and Leon, his philosophy is a clear ecological orientation in growing grapes and a maximum respect for the grapes during the winemaking and aging processes.